Complete Streets Plan
The citywide Complete Streets Plan strives to transform the existing vehicle-centric transportation network to one designed for safety and access for all travel modes. An extensive data analysis and community engagement driven development process will help identify priority focus areas centered on safety and equity, resulting in a comprehensive list of multimodal infrastructure projects.
The final Plan is anticipated to be adopted in February 2024 and will serve as a roadmap for closing gaps in the City’s circulation network to ensure a safe, accessible network designed for all travel modes.
The City was awarded $490,882 of grant funding from the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Sustainable Communities grant program for developing a citywide Complete Streets Plan.
Sign up to receive our Citywide Community eNewsletter to be informed about this project and other City transportation projects.
What is a Complete Street?
Streets that are safe, comfortable, and accessible for all users and multiple forms of travel.
Upcoming Events and Meetings
There will be many opportunities to provide feedback, in-person and virtually, throughout the development process to ensure the Plan is reflective of the community's vision. Event details will be updated as available.
Past Meetings and Events
- October 16, 2023 - City Council Meeting
- October 11, 2023 - Sustainability and Infrastructure Commission Meeting
- September 14, 2023 - Pop-Up: September Nights on B Street
- July 8, 2023 - Pop-Up: College of San Mateo Farmers Market
- July 4, 2023 - Pop-Up: Fourth of July event in Central Park
- June 24, 2023 - Bike Tour
- June 15, 2023 - Walk and Transit Tour
- March 20, 2023 - City Council Meeting
- March 8, 2023 - Sustainability and Infrastructure Commission Meeting