We manage the ongoing upkeep of our city roads and in doing so identify segments of roads that need maintenance. To understand how we maintain our roads, visit our pavement maintenance page.
When we select segments of road for rehabilitation, the work can include replacement of deficient curb, gutter, and sidewalk, as well as installation of ADA-compliant sidewalk ramps, Installation of pavement markings and removal and replacement of outdated traffic signposts.
Citywide Street Rehabilitation Package 2-B
The Citywide Street Rehabilitation Package 2-B was approved by San Mateo City Council on Feb. 7, 2022, awarding the construction contract to J. V. Lucas Paving, Inc. Residents near the project locations can expect to receive scheduling details from the contractor. Anticipated schedule is March 7 to July 28, 2022.
The project improvements include curb ramps, pavement rehabilitation, striping, and streetlight conduit installation.
2022 Package 2-B Road Segments List:
- Balmoral Court (22nd Avenue to End)
- Southampton Way (Lafayette Street to Annapolis Street)
- Midvale Avenue (42nd Avenue to La Casa Avenue)
- Joanne Drive (Eleanor Drive to Wolfe Drive)
- Halsey Avenue (S Norfolk Street to Eisenhower Street)
- Alder Lane (Alameda de las Pulgas to End)
- Belford Way (De Sabla Road to End)
- Clark Drive (El Camino Real to Dorchester Road)
- Gramercy Drive (120-136 Gramercy Drive)
Citywide Street Rehabilitation Package 1-C (Phase 2)
The Citywide Street Rehabilitation Package 1-C (Phase 2) project was approved by San Mateo City Council on Aug. 16, 2021, awarding the construction contract to Andreini Brothers
The improvements will include concrete work (sidewalks, curb ramps, and curb and gutter), pavement repair, and drainage correction. Construction began September 2021 and is expected to be completed spring 2022.
- 2nd Avenue from S. Norfolk Street to S. Quebec Street
- 19th Avenue from Fashion Island Boulevard to end
- 5th Avenue from El Camino Real to Virginia Avenue (a Bicycle Master Plan project street)
- 2nd Avenue from S. Delaware Street to S. Fremont Street
Recent Notifications (Package 2-B)
Feb. 11, 2022 - Notice of Contract Award
Nov. 12, 2021 - Notice of Upcoming Project
Aug. 17, 2021 - Notice of Contract Award
May 6, 2021 - Notice of Construction
April 28, 2021 - Notice of Contract Award
Sept. 30, 2020 - Notice of Construction
Note: Notifications are typically mailed out to properties within a one-block radius of the project area.