477 9th Avenue, Mixed-Use Development
A Formal Planning Application has been submitted to review demolition of the existing office structures and to construct a new mixed-use office/residential building. The project consists of the following:
- Construct a new five-story mixed-use building
- Approximately 29,207 gross square feet of office uses
- 120 residential units for rent (studios and 1 to 2-bedrooms), including 12 Below Market Rate units that are affordable at the very low-income category
- 112 residential parking spaces on two levels and 38 office parking stalls on the ground level
- A Planning Commission Public Hearing is currently scheduled for this project. Please see the “Upcoming Meetings” section below for more information.
- The application was filed on July 11, 2022.
- The required neighborhood meeting was held on April 14, 2022 and a Planning Commission Study Session was held on May 24, 2022.
- An SB 330 Preliminary Application was filed on January 14, 2022. This prohibits the City from conducting more than five public hearings, and imposing ordinances, policies and standards adopted after this filing date.
- The project is subject to the Housing Accountability Act (HAA), which limits a local agency’s ability to deny, reduce the density of, or render housing development projects infeasible if objective standards are met.
Categorical Exemption Memorandum – November 16, 2023
- Appendix A: Transportation Impact Assessment
- Appendix B: Greenhouse Gas Emissions Assessment
- Appendix C: Geotechnical Investigation
- Appendix D: Noise and Vibration Assessment
- Appendix E: Air Quality Assessment
Development Impact Fees
- Commercial Linkage Fee
- Child Care Development Fee
- Landscape Unit In-Lieu Fee
- Park Impact Fee
- Sanitary Sewer Connection Charge
- School Impact Fees
- Transportation Improvement Fee
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase II Impact Fee
- Art in Public Place
- Current Project Plans – September 22, 2023
- Past Project Plans – April 11, 2023, January 27, 2023, July 11, 2022
Planning Commission Public Hearing
Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: In Person: City Hall Council Chambers, 330 W. 20th Ave., San Mateo, CA.
or Online: www.cityofsanmateo.org/publicmeetings
- Planning Commission (Study Session): Meeting Materials and Video – May 24, 2022
- Neighborhood Meeting: Presentation and Meeting Notes Summary – April 14, 2022
The Martin Group
1970 Broadway Suite 745
Oakland, CA 94612
City Contact Information