- Prepares long-range plans and policy documents for the physical and economic development of the City and
- Ensures the General Plan, Specific Plans, Zoning Code, and other policy documents comply with state law and reflect community needs and desires
- Provides public information and
- Reviews development applications to ensure consistency with City's long-range plans, community needs, and development laws and statues
- NEW Citizen Self-Service (CSS)
- Popular Code Sections
- Planning Commission Meetings
- Planning Newsletter
Plans, Permits and Inspections Go Online with the Launch of Our Citizen Self-Service (CSS) Portal!
Skip the line…now you can track permits, planning applications, code enforcement cases, business tax records, and request inspections online from anywhere, at any time using a computer, tablet, or smartphone!
The Citizen Self-Service (CSS) Portal lets you search records by address, date range, permit number, or parcel number – you can also use the interactive map search feature. You no longer need to call or come into City Hall during business hours to request inspections or look up current and past records – everything’s online and available to you 24/7 from any electronic device.
Links to popular code sections and the City's Municipal Code:
The best way to keep up to date with all kinds of Planning related information for development activities - both current private development and long-range plans - is to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.