- On February 6, 2017, City Council approved the Hillsdale Terrace Mixed Use Project including a Condition of Approval requiring developer financial contribution to satisfy General Plan requirement for increased building height.
- On October 2, 2017, the City Council approved the use of the developer contribution for a Capital Improvement Program project targeted towards pedestrian and bicycle improvements in the immediate area of the project site.
- On February 24, 2021, the developer requested an extension in accordance with Government Code 65914.5. The extension was granted by the Zoning Administrator on February 26, 2021 which now provides an expiration date of October 1, 2022.
Current Project Plans (January 12, 2017) Project Plans
Current Project Plans (7/28/2016) Project Plans
Previous Plans (4/21/16)
- Part 1: Cover Sheet, Information Sheet, Topographics, Summaries, Usage, ADA
- Part 2: Site Plan, Floor Plans
- Part 3: Elevations, Architectural Renderings
- Part 4: Additional Renderings
- Part 5: Egress
- Part 6: Shadow Studies
- Part 7: Lighting
- Part 8: Landscaping, Stormwater, Tentative Maps
A Mitigated Negative Declaration has been prepared for this project.
- Attachment 1: Project Plans
- Attachment 2: Arborist Report
- Attachment 3: Tree Planting Forms
- Attachment 4: Cannon Design Group Review
- Attachment 5: Photometric and Lighting Layout Verification Report
- Attachment 6: Geotechnical Investigation
- Attachment 7a: Traffic Impact Analysis
- Attachment 7b: Traffic Management Plan
- Attachment 7c: Parking Management Plan
- Attachment 8a: Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Assessment
- Attachment 8b: Technical Appendices
- Attachment 8c: Climate Action Plan Checklist
- Attachment 9: Noise Study
- Attachment 10: Phase I Environmental Report
- Attachment 11: Stormwater Control Plan
- Attachment 12: Density Bonus Letter, Hillsdale Terraces
- Attachment 13: Density Bonus Letter, Economic Review EPS
- Attachment 14: Height Increase Request Letter
- City Council Public Hearing - January 17, 2017
- Planning Commission Public Hearing - October 13, 2016
- Planning Commission Public Hearing - September 27, 2016
- Planning Commission Study Session - February 25, 2014
- For specific properties in the city, the General Plan includes an option for developers to request an increase in building height up to 55 feet, provided that the project includes public benefit.
- In granting the height increase to 55 feet for the Hillsdale Terrace project, the City Council imposed a Condition of Approval requiring community benefit in the form of a four-hundred thousand-dollar ($400,000) developer contribution that will be targeted towards pedestrian and bicycle improvements in the area nearby the project site.
Albert Costa, AIA
Costa Brown Architecture, Inc.
1620 Montgomery St, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94111
City Contact Information