This project includes the proposal to redevelop the existing Fish Market Restaurant site with a 260-unit multi-family development. The 3.46-acre site at 1855 S Norfolk St. is bound by S. Norfolk St. to the west, Seal Slough to the east, Susan Ct. to the north, and Fashion Island Blvd. to the south. The proposed development consists of:
- A five-story “South” building, and a four-story “North” building
- 260 residential units (for-rent), of which 26 units would be affordable to the Very Low-Income level. The unit mix would consist of studios, one-, and two-bedroom units.
- 1,200 square-feet of commercial uses in the North building
- 325 above-grade parking spaces
- Public open spaces along Seal Slough
- Private residential open spaces on building rooftops
This application was filed on January 3, 2023. Since the Pre-Application, the applicant has reduced the total units from 321 units to 260 units to conform with local density limits and State Density Bonus law. This application is currently under review with City Departments. Technical studies regarding air quality, noise, and traffic are in progress.
The applicant completed the required Pre-Application, which included a neighborhood meeting held on June 22, 2022 and a Planning Commission Study Session held on July 26, 2022. Please see related materials below.
Development Impact Fees
This project may be subject to payment of the following impact fees and in-lieu fees.
- Commercial Linkage Fee
- Child Care Development Fee
- Landscape Unit In-Lieu Fee
- Park Impact Fee
- Sanitary Sewer Connection Charge
- School Impact Fees
- Transportation Improvement Fee
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase II Impact Fee
City Contact Information
Somer Smith, AICP