435 E. 3rd Ave.
This project includes the proposal to demolish all existing on-site structures to construct a new mixed-use building consisting of office and residential uses. The proposed building consists of:
- Five stories
- Approximately 34,000 square-feet of office uses
- A total of five residential units, one of which would be devoted to the low-income category
- No on-site parking is proposed
On February 14, 2023, the Planning Commission held a Public Hearing and approved project and the Mitigated Negative Declaration by a vote of 3-1.
The City has prepared a response to comments on the Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration, which is available in the CEQA Documents section below. No public comment resulted in further analysis or identification of new or worse impacts. The City has prepared a text-edit, however, to remove references to in-lieu fee payment for required parking in light of Assembly Bill 2097. Please see the CEQA Documents section below.
On November 7, 2022, the applicant submitted a letter requesting that the public hearing be held on January 10, 2023 to avail the project of Assembly Bill 2097, which prevents the City from requiring provision of on-site parking for projects within one-half mile of major public transit.
The application was filed on December 20, 2021 after completion of the required Pre Application. The applicant held a formal neighborhood meeting on October 7, 2021. The project’s Pre Application was reviewed by the Planning Commission at a Study Session on November 23, 2021. Please see related materials below.
Development Impact Fees
This project would be subject to payment of the following impact fees and in-lieu fees:
- Commercial Linkage Fee
- Child Care Development Fee
- Landscape Unit In-Lieu Fee
- Park Impact Fee
- Sanitary Sewer Connection Charge
- School Impact Fees
- Transportation Improvement Fee
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase II Impact Fee
Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration – Revised January of 2023
Response to Comments – February 2, 2023
Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration – Circulated in October of 2022
- Appendix A: Air Quality Assessment
- Appendix B: Arborist Report
- Appendix C: Historical Resources Evaluation Report
- Appendix D: Geotechnical Investigation
- Appendix E: Greenhouse Gas Emissions Assessment
- Appendix F: Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Appendix G: Pre-Demolition Survey and Evaluation
- Appendix H: Noise and Vibration Assessment
- Appendix I: Transportation Impact Assessment
- Appendix J: Parking Demand Study
- Planning Commission Public Hearing – February 14, 2023
- Neighborhood Meeting – October 7, 2021
- Planning Commission Study Session– November 23, 2021
Windy Hill Property Ventures
City Contact Information