North Central Neighborhood Parking Programs
On Feb. 22, 2022, City Council approved the installation of bicycle lanes in the North Central neighborhood along Humboldt Street and E. Poplar Avenue that will require the removal of 214 parking spaces.
To address resident concerns about the loss of parking in the neighborhood, we have added new programs to improve parking availability. This page outlines the neighborhood parking programs. We've identified the program area in this map.
Please contact us by phone at (650) 522-7300 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for comments and questions.
Sign up for Email Updates
Interested in updates on the North Central Neighborhood Parking Programs? Scroll down to submit your email to receive updates and program news.
There is no cost to North Central residents for any of the parking programs described here and neither property ownership nor U.S. Citizenship is required. All programs are entirely optional.
- King Center Overnight Pilot Parking Program
- Driveway Red Tipping
- Driveway Entrance Parking
- Disabled Parking Space
- Upcoming Programs
Beginning July 5, 2022, the City will be offering a pilot overnight parking program in the King Center parking lot between 10pm and 8am.
Permits will be available at the King Center front desk after June 27th, and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Permits will need to be picked up each month and displayed on the car dashboard when parking overnight.
To help prevent vehicles from blocking driveways, we have implemented an enhanced driveway red-tipping program in North Central.
- For no cost to North Central residents only, City crews can add red curbs painted on both sides of a driveway to prevent others from blocking a driveway.
- Vehicles parked in the red curb can be ticketed and/or towed.
- Property owners and tenants can apply for this service at no cost. Live in a multi-family unit? Ask your landlord or property manager to apply.
Residents will need to provide name, email, phone number, and address.
To apply, residents/property managers can select one of these options:
Residents who live in a single-family home or duplex and where there is street parking in front of their home may choose to park blocking their own driveway entrance.
These rules apply:
- A vehicle cannot block the sidewalk; vehicles should be parked parallel to and in front of the driveway.
- This option is not available on streets where there is no on-street parking.
- Vehicles blocking any sidewalk or parked in a driveway that is not their own, can be ticketed or towed.
North Central residents who need to report a vehicle blocking their driveway can call (650) 522-7700.
The North Central neighborhood has numerous Americans with Disabilities (ADA) compliant curb ramps. Residents with a valid California disabled parking placard or license plate can request an “on-street accessible parking space” next to a compliant curb ramp nearest to their address.
- Name, phone number, email, and address.
- Vehicle license plate number.
- Proof of valid California disabled person parking placard or license plate.
There is no cost for this option in the North Central neighborhood.
To apply, residents may select one of these options:
PERMIT PARKING PROGRAM
We are in the process of developing a permit program. Feedback was collected on how the program can be best set up to meet the needs of the North Central neighborhood. The survey closed on July 8, 2022.
We've placed 100 signs throughout the North Central neighborhood which include the parking programs webpage and QR code so that residents can stay current on any updates. Scan the code on the sign (pictured here) near you for the latest news, or bookmark this page.