Downtown Parking Permits
- Monthly downtown parking permits and low-income parking permits are available for all-day parking in a Downtown City-owned parking facility.
- Parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis and does not guarantee the permit holder a parking space.
- Visit the Monthly Downtown Parking Permit page or our Low-Income Permit Program page to apply and for more information.
City-Owned Parking Facilities
- Our Downtown has seven City-owned parking garages and lots available to all downtown patrons.
- Visit the City-Owned Parking Facilities webpage for locations, parking rates, and amenities offered at each parking facility.
Parking On the Street
Residential Parking Permit Program
Residential parking permits are issued for residents in neighborhoods whose parking is impacted by local traffic generators such as high schools, hospitals, and businesses.
The Residential Parking Permit Program aims at discouraging overflow parking on to residential streets. Residents must live in a parking permit program area to qualify for a residential parking permit. Households are limited to one parking permit per licensed driver.
View the Residential Parking Permit Program page to apply and for more information.
Parking Polices and Programs
- Residential On-Street Accessible Parking Spaces Program (updated July 2019) - Residents with a disabled person placard or license plate can apply for an on-street accessible parking space in residential areas when no reasonable off-street parking option is available.
- Rolled Curb Parking - Educate yourself and others on how to properly park at a rolled curb.
- Oversized Vehicle Parking - Find out what vehicles are considered oversized in San Mateo.
Questions about parking in San Mateo
Fill out our online form to contact our Transportation Planning team with any questions you have.
Assistance with Downtown Parking Permit Accounts
Please call Parkmobile at 1-855-768-4152 for assistance with downtown parking permit accounts.