Residential Parking Permit Program Update
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback online, at outreach events, and during public hearing meetings. The final Residential Parking Permit Program Policy and Procedures was adopted at the September 16, 2019 City Council meeting.
Permits for existing zones are available as detailed on the main program page.
The RPPP Policy Update Process
The RPPP has been in effect for more than 15 years, and in that time the City has experienced significant growth and change. City staff and residents alike have noticed limitations in the existing program.
To that end, the Public Works Department has started a comprehensive update of the RPPP, and is conducting several open house outreach events to engage residents on the issue of residential parking. Staff would like to talk with residents about concepts including:
- Limiting the number of permits per household;
- Days/hours of enforcement;
- Types of permits available; and
- Consideration of pricing strategies to partially offset the cost of the program
Public Meetings and Events
Public Works Commission Update (COMPLETED) - Staff presented current status of the RPPP to the Public Works Commission (now the Sustainability & Infrastructure Commission) on April 11, 2018. The presentation included permit data analysis, best practices and benchmarking from other jurisdictions, and the planned policy revision process.
Public Outreach (COMPLETED) – Staff held four open-house style community meetings to discuss aspects of the program with residents.
- Tuesday, May 1, 2018: City Hall, Conference Room C (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018: Main Library, Oak Room (6:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018: King Center (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018: Senior Center (6:30 PM - 8:30 PM)
Review of Existing Program and Outreach Process (COMPLETED) – Staff presented feedback from the community outreach process, data analysis of the current program and best practices research to a March 4, 2019 City Council study session for program direction and comment.
- Administrative Report (PDF)
- Presentation (PDF)
- Meeting materials (PDF)
- Outreach Summary (PDF)
- March 4, 2019 Council Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- March 4, 2019 Council Meeting Video
Draft Initial Policy and Program Update (COMPLETED) – Staff presented a draft updated policy at the September 16, 2019 City Council meeting. The draft updated policy incorporates feedback from the City Council and public comments at the March 4, 2019 City Council study session.
- Agenda Report (PDF)
- Proposed Resolution (PDF)
- Proposed Residential Parking Permit Program Policy and Procedures (PDF)
- Presentation (PDF)
Final Policy and Program Update (COMPLETED) – An updated policy document was presented to the City Council on September 16, 2019 for review and adoption.
If you have questions about the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.