- The project site is located on Concar Drive, between South Grant Street and South Delaware Street.
- The site is approximately 14.5 acres and currently occupied by Concar Shopping Center, which includes Trader Joe’s, Peninsula Ballet Theatre, Ross Dress for Less, The Pantry, Rite-Aid, T.J. Maxx, Shane Co., and 7-Eleven.
- The project proposes to demolish the existing commercial buildings and construct 961 multi-family dwelling units and approximately 40,000 square feet of commercial/retail space. The project includes 73 affordable housing units, associated parking and 3 acres of community open space. Commercial uses include Trader Joe’s, Peninsula Ballet Theatre, 7-Eleven and a new SEED food hall, with other retail space and a daycare facility for approximately 70 children.
The project provides a number of community benefits as part of the approved Development Agreement that are above the City’s requirements:
- A $7.5 million financial contribution toward traffic improvements around the project’s vicinity
- Commitment to an on-site daycare facility, community-serving theatre, and public transportation hub called the “Depot Lounge”
- Two privately owned, publicly accessible park spaces called “Passage Park” and “Arts Plaza”
- On July 17, 2023 and August 21, 2023, the City Council approved extension requests to extend the Vesting Tentative Map and extend the applicant's deadline to execute the Development Agreement to September 30, 2025. This approval did not include any changes to the project and does not extend the overall term of the Development Agreement. Please see the Meetings section below for more details.
- On August 17, 2020, the City Council approved this project by a vote of 5-0, consistent with the Planning Commission’s recommendation for approval. The project’s Ordinance for the Development Agreement was also adopted at the September 8, 2020 City Council meeting on its Consent Calendar.
- The project includes the following required entitlements: Supplemental EIR, Site Plan and Architectural Review, Site Development Planning Application, Vesting Tentative Map, and a Development Agreement.
- The Final EIR was also certified by the City Council at its August 17, 2020 meeting.
- City Council Second Reading of Ordinance to Adopt Development Agreement Amendments: Video – August 21, 2023
- City Council Public Hearing on Vesting Tentative Map and Development Agreement Extensions: Video – July 17, 2023
- Planning Commission Public Hearing on Vesting Tentative Map and Development Agreement Extensions: Video – June 27, 2023
- City Council Consent Calendar for Ordinance adoption: Video – September 8, 2020
- City Council (Public Hearing): Video - August 17, 2020
- Planning Commission Public Hearing: Video – July 28, 2020
Development Impact Fees
This project would be subject to payment of the following impact fees and in-lieu fees.
- Commercial Linkage Fee
- Landscape Unit In-Lieu Fee
- Park Impact Fee
- South Trunk Area Sewer Improvement Fee
- School Impact Fees
- Transportation Improvement Fee
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase II Impact Fee
California Coastal Properties
4 Embarcadero, Suite 1400
San Francisco, CA 94114
City Contact Information