It's 2021 and WE'RE BACK!
Please note that the Aquatics Program is following the current health orders in San Mateo County. Updates may occur during the season. For all county and city updates regarding COVID-19, please visit www.cityofsanmateo.org/coronavirus..
For the full listing of swim lessons, private lessons, prerequisites and protocols, please see our 2021 Summer Activity Guide.Both pools are OPEN for Swim Lessons Only: June 26-August 13. There will be no Lap Swim or Rec Swim this year.
|Joinville Swim Center||King Community Pool|
|2111 Kehoe Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94403
|725 Monte Diablo Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94401
|(650) 522-7460||(650) 522-7465|
Swim Class Information and Registration Helpful Hints
Our swim lesson program is based on the American Red Cross Learn to Swim model. Lessons are taught by our enthusiastic, safety minded and caring staff and volunteers. All our instructors participate in on-going training and skills development.
- Non-residents can register online starting Wednesday, April 7th at 9:00am at www.sanmateorec.org or in-person at the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center (see listed days and times above).
- Registrations will not be accepted after the 3rd class meeting.
- Participants must be the proper age and skill level on the first day of class. If a student does not meet the minimum requirements for age or ability, every effort will be made to transfer the student to a class at his/her level. If space is not available a transfer to a later session or refund will be offered.
- Children must be a minimum of 6 years old for Level 1-6
- For the comfort and development of your child, adult lessons begin at age 13.
- Please read the level descriptions carefully and select the appropriate level for your child based on his/her current skills.
- It is not uncommon for a child to stay in a particular level several sessions before successful completion.
- Please make sure to check the location of the class on your receipt to make sure you are signed up in the facility you have requested.
- Children not potty trained and in diapers must wear a swim diaper during class. Swim diapers may be purchased at the pool.
- Appropriate swim attire is required.
In an attempt to keep our pools running efficiently no street clothes are allowed in the pool at any time.
- Class withdrawals with a refund will be allowed up to Friday at 4:00pm before the first day of the class.
- Classes may be canceled or consolidated with other classes, if enrollment does not meet minimums. Notification will be given within 24 hours of first class.
- Single class meetings canceled by the City of San Mateo will have a credit issued.
- Classes missed for vacation, injury, illness or any other individual reason cannot be made up and are not eligible for credits or refunds.
Recreation Fee Assistance Fee Program
- The Recreation Fee Assistance Program is designed to allow access to our programs for all residents. For those City of San Mateo residents with financial hardships, assistance is available to help offset the cost of swim lessons. Qualifying residents are currently eligible for 30% or 60% depending upon their current income.
- A current Enrollment Application accompanied by the required income documents is needed for program enrollment. Recreation Fee Assistance Enrollment Application is available at all Community Centers. Applications must be submitted as least 5 business days before the registration can be processed. (pending approval)
- One of our key missions is to provide swim lessons for children with a wide range of abilities. If your child requires special accommodations, please indicate your modification request on the registration form. A member of our team will get back to you. We will make every effort to accommodate the needs of each child.