Additional City Enforcement

If you find graffiti on the following structures, please follow the instructions for which City of San Mateo Department to contact.
  • Newspaper racks: Each box is owned by a different company, so if you call Public Works about graffiti on news racks, we will be sure to send the responsible company an abatement notice. Please be sure to identify the location and name of the newspaper box.
  • Graffiti in San Mateo’s City Parks: Contact Parks and Recreation
  • Private Property: It is the private property owner’s responsibility to clean up graffiti on their private property. Call the City’s Community Development Code Enforcement team at (650) 522-7150 to report graffiti on private property.
Graffiti on Do Not Enter Sign