Free Recycling Events
We team up with RethinkWaste and Recology San Mateo County for FREE document destruction (Shred) and e-waste recycling annually. Bring paper documents and confidential materials for safe and secure shredding done onsite. Limit three (3) standard size bankers boxes (10″ x 12″ x 15″) per household. The event will only be available until the time listed, until the trucks are full, or while supplies last. Proof of residency will be required.
- Our 2021 events are now concluded. Bookmark this page for 2022 updates or click on the image here to learn about Rethink Waste's 2021 events.
- We offer ONLY a no-contact “curbside” pick-up event.
- No Walk Ins, please remain in your vehicle.
Residents may place their materials in their trunks, have them labelled, and if possible, remove any personal items. If trunk access is not possible, material should be placed in the rear backseat on the passenger side. Event staff/vendors will pick up the materials from vehicles.
- Please wear a mask, remain in your vehicle, and keep a safe distance from event staff/vendors.
- Limited space available to observe shredding and is not guaranteed.
- E-Waste Drop Off - items such as camcorders, cell & desk phones, chips and components, computers, connectors/cables, DVD players, fax machines, fluorescent tubes (limit 5 per household), keyboards, lab equipment, laptops, mice, monitors, optical drives, PC boards, PDAs, printers, radios, scanners, servers, stereos, storage discs, tape and zip drives, televisions, UPS power supply units, video game consoles, and VCRs
- Unacceptable items - NO household appliances such as cooktops, dishwashers, fans, floor heaters, ovens, stoves, refrigerators, freezers, or household hazardous waste.
- Community Paper Shred - a maximum of 3 standard size banker boxes (10"x12"x15") for secure on-site destruction. Staples and paper clips are okay. Proof of residency required.