Show All Answers
LINK+ items can be checked out for 21 days with the possibility of one renewal.
Most Link+ books will be renewed once through the automatic renewal program one day prior to the due date if they are not in demand. Renewals can also be made online, through the online catalog.
All LINK+ items will be held at the Accounts Desk of the Library for which you requested pick-up. Library staff will pull your item and check it out for you. LINK+ items cannot be checked out on the self-checkout machines. All LINK+ items must be returned to staff at the Accounts Desk where the Link+ item was checked out to ensure that the item gets checked in properly. Please do not put Link+ items in the book drop or book return.
We no longer charge overdue fees for Link+ materials, however if a Link+ item is overdue for an extended time, you may be billed $115 to replace the item. The charge is $115 per item if you lose or damage a LINK+ item. Customers who lose a LINK+ item should contact Accounts at the Main Library by calling (650) 522-7833.
• Once you determine that an item is not available from the San Mateo Public Library catalog, click on “LINK+” from our web catalog. You can also access the LINK+ catalog directly. • Enter your search. When you locate the item in the LINK+ catalog, click the “Request” button. • You will be asked, “With which institution are you affiliated?” Click the down arrow, select “San Mateo City Public Library”, and click the “Submit above information” button. • Enter your name (first and last), your library card number (all 14 digits). • Select your pick-up location (San Mateo Main Library, Hillsdale Branch, or Marina Branch) and click the “Submit” button. You will see a confirmation message that your request was placed.
• Log in to your library account.
• Click on “HOLDS” to see if your items are ready to be picked up.
Most Link+ books will be renewed once through the automatic renewal program one day prior to the due date if they are not in demand. Renewals can be made online, through the online catalog using the following steps:
• Log in to your library account.
• Click on “Checked Out”. Your checked out items will be listed.
• Select the item(s) you wish to renew by checking the box beside the title. You cannot renew items any sooner than 3 days before and no later than 2 days after the original due date.
• Click the “Renew Selected” button. This does not automatically renew your item(s) but rather forwards a renewal request to the loaning library on your behalf. You must check your LINK+ account at a later date to see if the renewal request has been approved.
• The item you’ve requested to be renewed will have one of these statuses:- A New Due Date – Your renewal has been approved.- Renewal Pending - Your request is still in process. Please check again at a later date.- Renewal Denied - Your renewal request was not approved. Please return the item(s) by the original due date.Note: It may take several minutes for the LINK+ software to confirm your renewal. LINK+ items may not be renewed more than once, nor may they be renewed if someone else has requested them.
• Click on “HOLDS”.
• Check the “Cancel” box next to the title of the request you want to cancel.
• Click on the “Cancel” button to activate the cancellation.
Note: You cannot cancel a request that has been received or is in transit.