City Provides Bicycle Repair Stations
We asked you where you wanted bike repair stations in the City, and you told us. You might have noticed the five bicycle repair stations now installed around San Mateo this week. They are available for the public to use at no charge.
Each station includes tools to perform basic bike repairs and maintenance, such as a flat tire or adjusting brakes. Look for a bicycle repair station at:
- San Mateo City Hall (330 W. 20th Avenue)- Adjacent to the bike racks on O’Farrell Street
- San Mateo Caltrain Station (385 1st Avenue) – Next to the Transit Center parking lot entrance
- San Mateo Main Library (55 W. 3rd Avenue) – In front of the bike racks
- Paddock Park (2900 Baze Road) – In front of the restrooms
- Ryder Court Park (1625 J. Hart Clinton Drive) – Next to the restrooms
The stations are a pilot project. Repair stations are currently undergoing an assessment to determine if relocation is necessary. Existing locations were chosen based on a community survey hosted on the City’s website in 2018, and City staff recommendations. Click here for more information about the City’s Bicycle Master Plan update.