Watching a Public Meeting Online
Due to COVID-19, all City Council and Commission meetings will be held remotely. In-person attendance is not an option.
The public can attend public meetings and provide comment virtually using the instructions included in the agenda and provided on the Public Meeting Portal. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office for questions.
- Connecting to a Live Meeting in Zoom: Click the ‘Join via Zoom’ link included at the top of each meeting agenda to join the meeting. All attendees are view-only participants who will be muted.
Providing Public Comment During a Live Meeting
- During the meeting by computer: Find the agenda for the meeting you wish to attend and click the link at the top of the agenda to be added to the meeting. All attendees are muted by default. To speak press the “Raise Your Hand” icon and you will be called on at the appropriate time.
- During the meeting by telephone: Call (408) 638-0968 and enter the conference ID found at the top of the meeting agenda. To indicate you want to provide public comment, press *9 to raise your hand. When called upon press *6 to unmute, then state your name and provide your comments.
- NOTE: A 3-minute time limit may be observed. Please refer to Meeting Decorum for details.
Providing Public Comment by Email
- Comments can be made by email up to 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting. Send emails to CivicArtsCommittee@cityofsanmateo.org. These comments are shared with the commissioners or board members and will be made part of the permanent official record.