The City of San Mateo Planning Commission will be holding a Study Session on the City-Owned Downtown Affordable Housing and Parking Garage Sites (PA-2019-033) and a Public Hearing to receive public comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Report for the Concar Passage Mixed Use Project.
- City-Owned Downtown Affordable Housing and Parking Garage Sites (PA-2019-033)
The Planning Commission will hold a study-session to review the new seven-story design of the residential building, color palate, and technical design aspects of the project. The project as proposed consists of two buildings located on adjacent parcels; a seven-story residential building comprised of 225 affordable rental units at 480 E. 4th Avenue; and a five-level, above-ground parking garage located at 400 E. 5th Avenue that will provide a minimum of 164 private residential parking stalls and 532 public parking stalls. The City Council selected MidPen Housing Corporation through a competitive RFP process in April 2018, to develop these sites.
- Concar Passage Mixed Use Project (PA 2018-052)
A Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) has been prepared and was released for comments beginning on March 26, 2020 and concludes on May 11, 2020. The purpose of this agenda item is to receive public comments on the Draft EIR. No decision will be made at this meeting. The proposed Concar Passage project is redevelopment of the existing Concar Shopping Center with 961 residential units (15% affordable), 40,000 square feet of commercial uses, and 3 acres of open space.
This meeting will be held remotely and can be watched live through a television or computer. The agenda and instructions for viewing and submitting public comments remotely are described below.
WATCHING A MEETING ON TV: Commission meetings are broadcast live on Comcast/channel 27, Wave/channel 26, or AT&T/channel 99. For transmission problems during the broadcast, please call (650) 522-7099. For all other broadcast comments, call (650) 522-7212, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m
WATCHING A MEETING ON A COMPUTER: There are three ways to stream.
- Public Meeting Portal: www.cityofsanmateo.org/publicmeetings
- City YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/CityofSanMateo
- Watch TV live stream: https://www.cityofsanmateo.org/193/Channel-San-Mateo-Live-Stream
PUBLIC COMMENTS: Comments submitted in the following ways will be made part of the official record.
- Submit prior to the meeting: Send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org until 4 p.m. the day of the meeting.
- Submit during the meeting: Comments can be submitted online beginning 1 hour before each meeting through Speak Up San Mateo. Find the agenda item(s) you’d like to comment on and complete the form. The platform will remain open for comments until the Chair closes the Public Comment Period for that specific item. Staff will read into the record all comments received.