Playgrounds Closed by State Department of Health Due to COVID-19 Risks
Get ready to play! State public health experts have just released updated rules for playgrounds. As promised, we’re finalizing arrangements to reopen our City playgrounds.
For your family’s safety, please wait to use them until we’ve reopened them with safety precautions. We’ll be sure to share news as soon as they reopen! In the meantime, please carefully review these mandatory safety precautions from the California Department of Public Health rules on playgrounds
Playground visitors must:
- Wear face coverings at all times (including anyone over 2 years old)
- Don’t crowd. Do not use if you can’t maintain 6 feet of distance from others
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after use
- Children must be monitored at all times
- No eating or drinking
- Limit visits to 30 minutes
Your actions affect the health and well being of our community. Please play and recreate safely! Bring a mask with you when recreating, and be sure to wear it if you cannot keep your distance from others. Together, we can help San Mateo County reopen!
Learn more about the effects of COVID-19 on our San Mateo City Parks and Recreation Department on our FAQ page.