Frequently Asked Questions

Can I have an inflatable jumper?

Yes, at most parks inflatable jumpers are permitted. You will need to pay $15.00 for a jumper permit. However there are restrictions: jumpers must be no more than 15 x 15 and no slides or balls are permitted. The rental company must provide a generator for the jumper. There are only specific areas in which a jumper can be placed. Inflatable jumpers are not permitted at Parkside Aquatic Park and Laurelwood Park.

How many people can sit at each table?

Between 8 – 10 people.

Can we have alcohol at our party?

Yes, at most parks. You will need to pay $40.00 for an alcohol permit. Alcohol is not permitted at Ryder Park, Harborview Park, Parkside Aquatic Park, Shoreview Park or Laurelwood Park.

What outdoor equipment is available?

We have 4 volleyball sets that we rent out for $30.00 for an all day rental. There is a $100.00 deposit for these sets. We are not open Saturday or Sunday so the equipment needs to be picked up on Friday before 5 p.m. for weekend use and needs to be returned on Monday. We also loan bocce balls for those who have reserved bocce ball courts. We do not charge for the bocce balls but do require a $100.00 deposit.

Can I reserve a space if I live outside of San Mateo?

No, only San Mateo residents can reserve picnic areas.