City Council Districts
The City is in the process of transitioning to by-district City Council elections with five districts. Voters in Districts 1, 3 and 5 elected representatives in 2022. Voters in Districts 2 and 4 will elect Council members in 2024. Learn more on our District Elections page.
City Council Meetings
- 1st and 3rd Mondays*
- Open to the public
- City Hall - Council Chambers, 330 West 20th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94403
*Meetings are moved for major holidays. In July, August and December, only one meeting is held during the month.
There are no published events in current month.
- How can I contact the Mayor or a member of the City Council?
- When, where and at what time are City Council meetings held?
- How can I find out what's on the City Council agenda?
- Are the City Council meetings televised?
- Where can I find City Council meeting minutes?
- How do I get a copy of a City Council agenda report?
- How long do Council Members serve?
- How does the City Council operate?
- What are Study Sessions and when are they held?