Block 20 (500 E. 4th Ave.)
“Block 20” is a proposed six-story mixed-use building located on the block bounded by E. 4th Avenue, S. Delaware Street, E. 5th Avenue, and S. Claremont Street. The project consists of:
- 132,000 square-feet of office uses
- 86 residential units (52 studios, 25 one-bedrooms, and 9 two-bedrooms), of which 9 would be devoted to the very-low income category (15% of the base density)
- 269 On-site parking spaces within a two-level underground garage
- A Notice of Preparation has been prepared and a Scoping Meeting for the Environmental Impact Report was held on October 5, 2023. Please see the Environmental Impact Report section below.
- On May 1, 2023, the applicant filed a complete Preliminary Application in accordance with Senate Bill 330 for a potential alternative project that would include 353 residential units, 1,200 square-feet of commercial uses, and 202 on-site parking spaces. There has been no action from the applicant on this alternative project since the complete filing of the Preliminary Application. Should the applicant move forward with this alternative project, a new formal Pre-Application, Neighborhood Meeting, and Planning Commission Study Session would be required.
- This application was filed on January 31, 2023. Review by City staff and technical studies are in progress.
- The applicant completed the required Pre Application, which included a neighborhood meeting held on November 3, 2022 and a Planning Commission Study Session held on December 13, 2022. Please see the Meetings section below.
Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
- Notice of Preparation (NOP)
- Please submit written comments to the City Contact at email@example.com, or via mail to the Planning Division, 330 West 20th Avenue, San Mateo, California, 94403 with “Block 20 EIR” as the subject of the email or letter, no later than the close of the 30-day Notice of Preparation (NOP) review period on October 18, 2023
- Scoping Meeting
- A Scoping Meeting for the preparation of the EIR was held on October 5, 2023 at a Special Planning Commission Meeting. Please see the Meetings section below.
- EIR Scoping Meeting – Planning Commission Special Meeting – October 5, 2023
- Planning Commission Study Session - December 13, 2022
- Neighborhood Meeting (Notes) – November 3, 2022
Development Impact Fees
This project would be subject to payment of the following impact fees and in-lieu fees.
- Commercial Linkage Fee
- Child Care Development Fee
- Landscape Unit In-Lieu Fee
- Park Impact Fee
- Sanitary Sewer Connection Charge
- School Impact Fees
- Transportation Improvement Fee
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase II Impact Fee
Windy Hill Property Ventures
City Contact Information