- On December 8, 2020, the Planning Commission approved the project and adopted the Mitigated Negative Declaration by vote of 5-0. Building permits for site preparation on the Southern Site have been issued and construction has begun. Improvements to the existing emergency vehicle access road (EVA) will be performed, including a new sidewalk and gate. The EVA will remain accessible to emergency vehicles only and not to the general public.
- A formal Planning Application has been submitted for Peninsula Heights, a proposed 290-unit residential development. Required entitlements include a Special Use Permit (SUP) to permit residential uses in the E1 (Executive Office) zoning district; Site Plan and Architectural Review (SPAR) for construction of new residential buildings; Site Development Planning Application (SDPA) for grading and removal of vegetation; and a Vesting Tentative Map for the creation of condominium units.
- Peninsula Heights, located along Campus Drive, is located on two parcels totaling 15.45 acres.
- 2655, 2755, 2800, and 2988 Campus Drive
- APN(s): 041-522-010, -020 and 041-521-010, -020
- The project consists 290 for-sale units and proposes to devote 10% of the 290 units to the low-income category. The proposed architectural style is contemporary and includes townhome, single-family detached, and stacked flats building arrangements. A total of 625 on-site parking spaces are proposed, which include attached garages and residential guest parking.
- The applicant proposes to keep the existing emergency vehicle access (EVA) road connecting Campus Drive to 26th Avenue as an EVA. Publicly accessible improvements include a series of open parks and trails. The four existing office buildings that currently exist on the site are proposed for demolition.
Development Impact Fees
This project would be subject to payment of the following impact fees and in-lieu fees.
- Landscape Unit In-Lieu Fee
- Park Impact Fee
- School Impact Fees
- Transportation Improvement Fee
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase II Impact Fee
Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration
Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Appendix A: Air Quality Assessment
- Appendix B: Tree Preservation Report
- Appendix C: Geotechnical Exploration
- Appendix D: Greenhouse Gas Emissions Assessment
- Appendix E: Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Appendix F: Noise and Vibration Assessment
- Appendix G: Transportation Impact Analysis
- Project Plans: (Current) - September 2, 2020
- Planning Commission (Public Hearing): Meeting Materials – December 8, 2020
- Planning Commission (Study Session): Meeting Materials and Video – October 22, 2019
- Neighborhood Meeting: Meeting Minutes – October 3, 2019
Sign up for NotifyMe and you’ll receive an email whenever this project is updated.
City Contact Information