Sign up for our bimonthly Community eNewsletter to stay up to date with what's going on throughout San Mateo. Learn about upcoming activities, events, projects, initiatives and more! Brought to you by the City Manager's Office, it includes the latest information from all of our departments.
A curfew is in effect across San Mateo County from 8:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. to maintain public safety as civil unrest continues in areas of the Bay Area & nation. We are aware of a planned peaceful protest June 3 & are working to facilitate a successful event. Additional Info...
We're happy to announce the courts at Beresford and Central Park are reopening starting May 22. Safety protocols are in place and players must sign up in advance for a court online. Staff will monitor the courts, which are open for singles games only. Additional Info...
The results of our 2020 Community Opinion Survey are now available! This statistically-reliable, comprehensive survey covers resident opinions about satisfaction with city services, quality of life, housing and building, recreation, and communication. Additional Info...
2020 Press Releases
2019 Press Releases
- San Mateo Consolidated Fire Dept Announces Ray Iverson as Next Chief 11.19
- Ed Barberini Chosen as San Mateo's Next Police Chief 11.19
- Council Appoints Amourence Lee to Serve 1-Year Vacancy on Council
- Fire Station 25 Groundbreaking 11.12.19
- PGE Power Shutoff Advisory 10.25.19
- EPA Invites San Mateo to Apply for Second WIFIA Loan to Support Clean Water 10.19
- Council Won't Seek Legal Action Against Height, Density Ballot Measure 9.19
- Ground Broken on New Wastewater Treatment Plant 9.19
- Deputy Mayor Maureen Freschet Announces She Won't Seek Reelection in 2020
- Police Chief Manheimer Announces Retirement 7.19
- Council to Consider Resolution Keeping Measure P During General Plan Update
- San Mateo Ceases Red Light Camera Program
- The Library Turns a Page - James Moore Named City Librarian (June 2019)
- Peninsula Clean Energy Saves San Mateo Customers $2.35 million - 4.19
- News on Planning San Mateo's Future - Update on General Plan and Measure P Efforts
- Super Bowl Sparks Friendly Wager Between Bay Area Mayors - January, 28
2018 Press Releases
- Public Works Clean Water Program Underground Storage Scoping Mtg 9.18
- CDD General Plan Kick Off Subcommittee 9.18
- Drew Corbett Named Next City Manager 9.18
- PW Adopt-a-Drain Program 1-year Anniversary
- CDD General Plan Subcommittee Existing Conditions Reports 10.18
- General Plan 2040 Vision Workshop Press Release 10.18
- Clean Water Program WIFIA Loan Application Press Release 10.18
The City uses a number of social media sites to engage the community and keep the public up to date on what's happening in San Mateo. Visit our Social Media page to see the accounts of various departments and read our Social Media Policy to learn how these accounts are monitored.
Stay connected and click any of the icons below to follow the City's main accounts on social media.
- Mosquito Abatement Fogging Results SUCCESS for August 4th
- Mosquito Abatement_071914
- Mosquito Abatement_091814
- NextDoor_Press_Release_June 6_2012
- Press Release - Fire Chief Keefe
- PRESS RELEASE: Fogging for mosquitoes carrying West Nile Virus successful
- San Mateo County Residents Reminded of Tick-Borne Illness Risk
- Vector Control Press Release_060413