PA17-085 303 Baldwin Avenue (Trag's Market)
On January 8, 2019, by a vote of 4-0, the Planning Commission approved the Site Plan and Architectural Review (SPAR) for construction of a new mixed-use building, Site Development Planning Application (SDPA) for tree removal and Vesting Tentative Map for residential and commercial units.
The City of San Mateo has prepared an Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration, which identifies and discusses potential environmental impacts on the projects and proposed mitigation measures to be incorporated in the project to eliminate any potentially significant impacts.
Hard copies of the Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration are available at the Planning Division – Public Service Counter at San Mateo City Hall (330 West 20th Ave.) and at the City’s Main Library (55 West 3rd Ave, Reference Desk).
A Mitigated Negative Declaration has been prepared for this project and can be viewed online.
• Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration
Appendix A: Air Quality Technical Reports
Appendix B: Arborist Report
Appendix C: Historic Resource Evaluation, Standards
Appendix D: Greenhouse Gas Assessment
Appendix E: Phase I Environmental Site Assessment, Lead Survey and Asbestos Report
Appendix F: Environmental Noise Study
Appendix G: Traffic Impact Analysis
• Planning Commission (Public Hearing): Meeting Materials – January 8, 2019
• Planning Commission (Public Hearing): Video – January 8, 2019
• Planning Commission (Study Session): Meeting Materials – March 13, 2018
• Planning Commission (Study Session): Video – March 13, 2018
• Planning Commission (Study Session): Meeting Materials – September 26, 2017
• Planning Commission (Study Session): Video – September 26, 2017
• Neighborhood Meeting: Summary – August 31, 2017
The project proposes to demolish the existing buildings on the site (Trag's Market) and construct a new 131,636 square-foot four (4) and (5) five-story mixed-use building. Parking is provided in an underground four level garage. The building consists of 64 studio and one bedroom residential units (totaling 51,020 square feet), 19,952 square feet of commercial/retail space on the ground floor (including 2,280 square feet service area), and 60,664 square feet of office space above the ground floor. The building includes a residential courtyard at the rear of the building and a roof terrace. Seventy-four (74) long-term and eighteen (18) short-term bike parking spaces are proposed.