PA18-052 Concar Passage
On July 28, 2020, the Planning Commission recommended City Council approval of the project by a vote of 4-0-1 (one abstention). A City Council Public Hearing for final action on the project has been scheduled for August 17, 2020. Please see the Upcoming Meetings section below. The project includes the following required entitlements: Supplemental EIR, Site Plan and Architectural Review, Site Development Planning Application, Vesting Tentative Map, and a Development Agreement.
The Final EIR has been made available, which includes a written response to each comment received as well as minor text revisions. No comment results in modifications to factual information that required further analysis or resulted in the identification of new or worsened environmental impacts. The Final EIR, together with the Draft EIR, comprise the Final Supplemental EIR.
City Council Public Hearing
Date: Monday, August 17, 2020
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Remote, www.cityofsanmateo.org/publicmeetings
- Planning Commission Public Hearing: Video – July 28, 2020
- City Council on Community Benefits (Special Meeting): Video – June 29, 2020
- Planning Commission Study Session on Design Review: Video – June 9, 2020
- Planning Commission on Draft EIR (Public Hearing): Video – April 28, 2020
- Planning Commission (Study Session): Video – March 27, 2018
- Neighborhood Meeting: March 7, 2018
PROJECT DESCRIPTION and PROJECT PLANS:
The project site is located on Concar Drive, between South Grant Street and South Delaware Street. The site is approximately 14.5 acres and currently occupied by Concar Shopping Center, which includes Trader Joe’s, Peninsula Ballet Theatre, Ross Dress for Less, The Pantry, Rite-Aid, T.J. Maxx, Shane Co., and 7-Eleven.
The project proposes to demolish the existing commercial buildings and construct 961 multi-family dwelling units and approximately 40,000 square feet of commercial/retail space. The project includes 73 affordable housing units, associated parking and 3 acres of community open space. Commercial uses include Trader Joe’s, Peninsula Ballet Theatre, 7-Eleven and a new SEED food hall, with other retail space and a daycare facility for approximately 70 children.
- Project Plans - July 17, 2020 (Current)
- Project Plans: – March 11, 2020 (Prior)
- Project Plans: – December 11, 2019 (Prior)
- Project Plans: – October 11, 2019 (Prior)
- Project Plans: – July 5, 2019 (Prior)
- Project Plans: – September 20, 2018 (Prior)
The size of the plans is too large and can be downloaded from this Dropbox link.
Please note that a Dropbox account (free) is required.
- Project Plans: – February 9, 2018 (Prior)
- Project Plans: – September 12, 2017 (Prior)
REVISED:July 30, 2020
640, 666, 678, 690 Concar Drive
1820, 1850 S. Grant Street 1855 S. Delaware Street
035-242-090, -140, -160, -170, -190, -200, -210, -220
California Coastal Properties
4 Embarcadero, Suite 1400
San Francisco, CA 94114
Acting Senior Planner