1, 2, and 3 Waters Park Residential
Waters Technology Office Park is an 11.1-acre property off Norfolk St. currently occupied by an approximately 100,000-square-foot office business park. The proposed redevelopment would demolish all existing offices and replace with 190 for-sale residences, including a mix of two-story detached single-family residences, as well as three (3) and four (4) story attached townhomes and flats. The project also proposes a new publicly accessible, privately-owned trail along Borel Creek and private open space.
As presently designed, the project is anticipated to require the following entitlements:
- Site Plan and Architectural Review (SPAR) for the construction of 190 dwelling units.
- Planned Development Special Use Permit to permit setback reductions and minimum lot size reductions for the single-family residences.
- Vesting Tentative Subdivision Map to create individual single-family home lots (28) and 162 condominium units and associated common space.
- Site Development Planning Application for the removal of major vegetation (trees).
- General Plan Land Use Designation Amendment from Executive Office to Medium Density Multi-Family; and Appendix C, Building Height, Amendment to allow an increase in height from 35 feet to 45 feet.
- Zoning Reclassification from E1- Executive Park to R3 - Multiple Family Dwellings, Medium Density to allow residential as a permitted use.
During the Planning Commission meeting of January 23, 2019, the Commission recommended approval of the project to the City Council by a 3-0 vote. The City Council approved the project on February 19, 2019 and the zoning reclassification on March 18, 2019.
The City of San Mateo has prepared an Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration, which identifies and discusses potential environmental impacts on the projects and proposed mitigation measures to be incorporated in the project to eliminate any potentially significant impacts.
Hard copies of the Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration are available at the Planning Division – Public Service Counter at San Mateo City Hall (330 West 20th Ave.) and at the City’s Main Library (55 West 3rd Ave, Reference Desk).
- Applicant Response to Comments to the Planning Commission – January 14, 2019
- Project Plans: (Current) – March 9, 2018
- Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Appendix A: i. Air Quality Technical Report
- Appendix A: ii. Supplemental Air Quality Technical Report - Construction Analysis
- Appendix B: i. Tree Inventory and Assessment
- Appendix B: ii. Biological Resources Reconnaissance Report
- Appendix C: Design Level Geotechnical Exploration
- Appendix D: Greenhouse Gas Assessment
- Appendix E: i. Asbestos Operations & Maintenance Plan
- Appendix E: ii. Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Appendix E: iii. Phase II Environmental Site Assessment
- Appendix F: i. Environmental Noise Study
- Appendix F: ii. Construction Noise Analysis
- Appendix G: Transportation Impact Analysis
- Planning Commission (Public Hearing): Meeting Materials, Video – January 23, 2019
- Planning Commission (Public Hearing): Meeting Materials, Video – January 8, 2019 (Cont. to Jan 23, 2019)
- Planning Commission (Study Session): Meeting Materials, Video – May 22, 2018
- Planning Commission (Study Session): Meeting Materials, Video – December 11, 2017
- Neighborhood Meeting: Summary – November 9, 2017
Niki Krukowski, Manager
Strada Investment Group
City Contact Information
Wendy Lao, AICP