- Demolition of two existing single-family residences and an existing child care building to construct a 13,997-square-foot two-story building with an underground parking garage containing 30 parking spaces.
- The proposed two-story building consists of a childcare facility with six classrooms, offices, and outdoor play areas on the first floor and a synagogue, social hall, conference room, kitchen, and support spaces on the second floor.
- The project would require the removal of 9 on-site trees including 8 heritage trees: including four (4) Liquidambar trees, 12.1, 8.2, 13.5, and 25.5 inches in diameter, one (1) Strawberry tree, 7.3 inches in diameter, two (2) Gingko Biloba, 13.2 and 19.3 inches in diameter, one (1) Pittosporum, 10.7 inches in diameter, and one (1) 4.2-inch Lemon tree.
- The project complies with the applicable Zoning Code requirements and applicable plan policies.
- The formal planning application was submitted on October 26, 2016.
- The Planning Commission held a Public Hearing in Council Chambers at City Hall on Tuesday, August 28, 2018. The project was approved by vote (5-0).
- Planning Commission (Study Session): Meeting Materials – August 28, 2018
- Planning Commission (Study Session): Video – August 28, 2018
- Planning Commission (Study Session): Meeting Materials – July 12, 2016
- Planning Commission (Study Session): Video – July 12, 2016
- Neighborhood Meeting: Meeting Materials – June 21, 2016
City Contact Information
Wendy Lao, AICP