2020 Construction Details
In September 2020, construction started on the North Shoreview Flood Improvement Project. Some of the work includes improvements to the Coyote Point and Poplar Avenue Pump Stations, and will prompt the temporary detour of the Bay Trail through the North Shoreview Neighborhood.
The full of scope of work includes raising a 1,300-foot levee segment located between the San Mateo and Burlingame border off Airport Boulevard and adjacent to the Peninsula Humane Society. The work also includes updating electrical controls, correcting structural deficiencies, installing backup power generation, increasing pumping capacity at the Coyote Point and Poplar Avenue Pump Stations, and installing trash capture devices.
Construction will include sheet piling work that could be disruptive to residents closest to the Poplar Avenue Pump Station. We will make every effort to minimize the construction noise.
On Monday, May 4, 2020, the San Mateo City Council approved an agreement for $24 million for construction services with Anderson Pacific Engineering Construction.
September – December 2020
- Groundbreaking and site preparation
- Close access to Bay Trail near project sites, establish and place signage for residential detour
- Start Coyote Point Levee Earthwork
January – June 2021
- Set new transformer and switch service for existing pump stations
- Continue levee earthwork
July – December 2021
- Begin excavation for new pump stations
January – June 2022
- Install pump station equipment
July – December 2022
- Build new pump stations, electrical buildings, and all other necessary structural features
- Commission new pump stations
January – April 2023
- Post construction site restorations, bio retention basins, and all necessary functional features
- Demobilize construction site
- Open Bay Trail to all, demobilize detour
Construction schedules are subject to change without notice.
Work Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday
Work on weekends and at night, if needed.
Jana Cadiz, Assistant Engineer, City of San Mateo
email@example.com / (650) 522-7575
- August 2020 Construction Notice -- Outreach Area
- May 2020 Project Update
- 2019 Project Update
- 2018 Project Update