Art Gallery Space
Now Showing at the Library
Call for Artists - 3D Artwork
City Arts of San Mateo
Annual High School Arts Recognition Program
First Floor Art Gallery and Third Floor Teen Lounge
April 1, 2017 - April 29, 2017
About the Exhibit
Hats & Headdresses in Jane Austen's Era
by the Jane Austen Society of North America,
Northern California Region
Second Floor Display Case
March 4, 2017 - April 29, 2017
About the Exhibit
In July, the Art Exhibit Selection Committee will review artwork for display in our galleries. The Committee is seeking 3-Dimensional artwork that represents the diversity of our community, varied artistic styles, and mediums. The jury process will be for exhibitor bookings in 2018 and 2019.
The Library Display Case is located on the second floor for 3-dimensional artwork. City Hall has two locked glass cases for 3-dimensional artwork. Exhibitors’ artwork will be on display for 8 weeks each at one or both locations.
Artists interested in exhibiting must fill out the Exhibitor Application Form and return it to the Library. Applications are available here
or copies can be picked up at the San Mateo Main Library or San Mateo City Hall. For more information, please contact Noreen Chwee at
or (650) 522-7811.
Friday, May 26, 2017 at 5pm
Exhibitor Application and Guidelines
There are 3 exhibit spaces available at the San Mateo Main Library:
- Main gallery - 1st floor meeting room hallway
- Exhibit Case - 2nd floor
- 3rd floor - Cafe walls & Teen Lounge
How often does the library select artwork?
What kind of art is selected?
- The Committee seeks art that represents the diversity of our community and varied artistic styles and mediums.
- Potential exhibitors must have a minimum of fifteen (15) pieces available to hang for the duration of an approximately 45 day exhibit period.
- Art pieces may be available for sale, but that is not a requirement for exhibiting.
For more information, contact Noreen Chwee at or (650) 522-7811.
Gallery Space Plan