Go To Search
Filing a Complaint

Private Property Violation Report
If you live, work, or are visiting in San Mateo and would like to report a violation pertaining to a private business or residence, please complete one of the following:

Filing a Report with CalTrans

Complaints pertaining to overgrown weeds, junk/debris, or other maintenance issues located within freeway cloverleaf areas need to be reported to CalTrans.

Other Types of Problems May be Reported to:

El Camino Real Road Maintenance
CalTrans - (650) 358-4127

Garbage Pickup Information
Recology San Mateo County - (650) 595-3900

Landlord/Tenant Disputes
Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center (PCRC) - (650) 513-0330

Neighbor/Neighbor Disputes
Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center (PCRC) - (650) 513-0330

Parking Violations on City Streets
Police Department - (650) 522-7766

Railroad Maintenance
CalTrans/Amtrak Railroad Corridor - (650) 508-6200

Stray or Neglected Animals or Animals Dead in the Street
Peninsula Human Society - (650) 340-8200

Utility Poles - Power Line/Electric Pole
PG&E - (800) 743-5000

Telephone Poles - Contact your local service provider.

Violations in the Public Right-of-Way (sidewalks/streets)
Public Works Department - (650) 522-7300

Water Service
Cal Water - (650) 343-1808

San Mateo City Hall – 330 West 20th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94403

CivicPlus Content Management System © 1997- CivicPlus. All rights reserved.
All content © 2006- San Mateo, CA and its representatives. All rights reserved.