Parks and Facilities
The City of San Mateo has a great array of parks and facilities including:
- more than a dozen neighborhood parks
- nine larger community parks
- six recreation/community centers
- two pools
- Shoreline regional park system
- small “mini” parks
- an estuary lagoon for boating
- and the Poplar Creek 18 hole Golf Course
Our parks are important natural resources, providing approximately 200 acres of open space within the City and many miles of paths and trails. Every one of them is free and widely accessible. Explore each of our parks to find hidden gems or search for specific amenities.
2014 Water Conservation Strategy
Parks & Recreation offers a number of services including:
Effective for 2014, due to drought conditions, the City of San Mateo Landscape Resources Department has created a watering strategy
for City parks.