Building inspections ensure that projects are constructed in compliance with codes and the approved permit and plans. View a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Information You Need Before Scheduling an Inspection
Prior to scheduling your inspection, please have the following information available:
- Project number (last 6 digits), contractor's name and phone number
- Project address, including floor number, suite number etc.
- Type of inspection needed - (Inspection Code Numbers)
- Date desired for inspection
To cancel or reschedule an inspection, please call: (650) 522-7170 or 522-7172. We strive to perform timely, accurate, and efficient inspections.
Scheduling an Inspection
There are some important facts to keep in mind when scheduling an inspection:
- Please call at least 24 hours in advance of your desired inspection date. Please Note: We are currently four business days out for an inspection.
- Call the inspection request line at (650) 522-7170. It is available 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
- Inspections are scheduled in the order they are received until all available inspection slots are filled.
- Inspections are performed between 8:00am-12:00pm and 12:00pm-5:00pm.
- Once your inspection is scheduled, you may contact the City to obtain a more specific two-hour time window when the inspection will be performed. Telephone (650) 522-7170 or 522-7172 after 8:30 a.m. the day your inspection is scheduled.