39th Avenue Street Reconstruction Project
Short Description of Project:
The Department of Public Works is implementing a street reconstruction project at 39th Avenue from Pacific Boulevard to Curtiss Street.
This project consists of “street reconstruction” of pavement section up to 24 inches in depth from lip of gutter to lip of gutter; ovelay 4.5 inches of asphalt concrete pavement; install traffic speed hump; install wheelchair ramps where applicable; repair concrete curb & gutter, driveway approach and sidewalk as necessary to maintain stormwater surface runoff within the project limits.
“Street Reconstruction” - Generally includes the removal of all existing asphalt surfacing, excavation of the road subgrade materials, and utility relocation work as necessary. The road is re-built from the bottom-up, with new aggregate base and new asphalt concrete pavement.
As a prerequisite of the Street Reconstruction Project, the City of San Mateo has authorized PG&E to perform utility relocation work in advance of the street reconstruction work. In August to November 18, 2016, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., utility company and PG&E contractors will proceed with construction activities in your neighborhood. Saturday work from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. may happen depending on progress. Scheduled work may be rescheduled due to emergency PG&E response to higher priority work.
Street Reconstruction Work: Spring 2017 and after utility relocation work
Benefits of Work:
|- New street pavement (Pacific Boulevard to Curtiss Street)
- Adding Wheelchair Access Ramps
- Improve sidewalk, curb and gutter, as necessary to assist stormwater runoff
Utility Relocation Work Impact:
- Utility relocation work will be conducted mainly in public right-of-way (streets) and may extend to cover the front yards and the meters. Road closure may happen for trench excavation work.
- Work Hours: Monday to Friday, between 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Driveways and curbside parking within the area of excavation & backfill construction zone will not be accessible for the public and residents.
- Traffic is subject to detour; please obey the detour signs.
- Expect delay when traveling through this neighborhood.
- Expect delay when getting into and out of your garage.
- Front yard, sidewalk, and driveway may be temporary disturbed and will be restored within the duration of the project.
Project Status: Utility Relocation Work (Aug to Nov 2016)
Street Reconstruction Work (Spring 2017) Impacted Areas: 39th Avenue – Pacific Boulevard to Curtiss Street
City of San Mateo: Mario Ung, Senior Engineer
Phone: (650) 522-7315
PG&E: Justin Cheung, Field Engineer
Phone: (408) 482-7231