Neighborhood Traffic Forums
The City of San Mateo has completed the 10 citywide traffic forum meetings and has started on the next steps for the ongoing efforts to improve the quality of life in the neighborhoods. The following process has been developed to efficiently address neighborhood concerns and allow the community to prioritize what is most important.
Traffic Forum Ongoing Neighborhood Process
1. Traffic Forum – In the series of 10 traffic forums conducted January through May 2016, transportation issues for each City neighborhood were identified.
Below is a map of the ten neighborhood areas in which Public Works held meetings. Click on any colored area to get details:
2. Steering Committee Meeting with City Staff – PD and PW met with individual steering committees in order to provide information packets and explain next steps. Steering Committees were asked to provide their top 10 traffic concerns.
3. Steering Committee Provides Top 10 items to City – Steering committees provide City staff with a list of their top 10 traffic concerns.
4. City staff Drafts Traffic Action Plan (TAP) – Using the top 10 traffic concerns, City staff drafts a TAP specific for the neighborhood.
5. Review of Neighborhood TAP by Public Works Commission – The neighborhood will be provided notice in advance of the Public Works Commission meeting with directions to review the neighborhood TAP online and provide comments. A summary of comments will be presented to the Commission for review and comment at the public meeting.
6. Final TAP Based on Direction of Public Works Commission – Based on direction of the Public Works Commission, the neighborhood TAP will be finalized and posted on the TAP Forum Webpage and online map.
Click each date listed below for more detail about where each scheduled Traffic Concerns Outreach Forum was held.