North Central Pedestrian Improvement Project
North Central Pedestrian Infrastructure Improvement Program
The North Central Neighborhood
Improved pedestrian crosswalks and enhanced pedestrian scale street lighting
The proposed improvements will improve the resident’s quality of life by providing additional pedestrian amenities. These amenities include, but are not limited to:
- curb ramps for ADA accessibility
- curb extensions/bulbouts to reduce the pedestrian crossing street width and provide added visibility
- crosswalks to notify drivers to expect and yield to a pedestrian
- advance stop bars to notify drivers to stop in advance of the crosswalk
- pedestrian refuge islands for added pedestrian protection when crossing the street
- pedestrian scale lighting to illuminate the sidewalk and to combat safety issues
Work began in Fall 2016 and is expected to conclude by the end of April 2017.
Anticipated Work Hours
8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
Expected Construction Impacts
Typical to most construction projects, you will experience the following impacts:
- Temporary lane closures
- Delays when traveling through construction area
- Limited access to driveway for brief periods
The selected contractor and the on-site construction inspector will work with residents on any short term impacts.
A-A-RON says: Walk.Ride.Live.San Mateo!