||317 & 319 So. Humboldt St
480 E. Fourth Avenue
||City of San Mateo Department of Public Works
330 West 20th Avenue
San Mateo, CA 94403
||The project involves the demolition of a residential unit and existing fire station (#24) building for the construction of a new replacement fire station. A temporary fire station is proposed for 480 E. Fourth Avenue (site of former Kinko's) prior to demolition of the current fire station.
The new proposed fire station includes two levels with site improvements including new landscaping, trees, and on-site parking for employees.
Planning approvals being requested:
- Categorical Exemptions (CEQA Class 2, Section 15302; Class 3, Section 15303)
- Site Plan and Architectural Review to construct the new fire station.
- Tentative Parcel Map to merge two parcels
- Special Use Permit for the development of the fire station & temporary station.
- Site Development Permit for the removal of trees at the permanent fire station and temporary station sites
- General Plan Amendment to land use designation of 317 S. Humboldt from High Density Multifamily to Public Facility
||The following meetings were held regarding this project:
October 17, 2011 City Council Public Hearing
September 27, 2011 Planning Commission Public Hearing
April 26, 2011 Planning Commission Study Session
||The project was approved by the City Council on October 17, 2011.
||For additional information regarding this project, please contact the project manager, Gogo Heinrich at (650) 522-7361 or email her at .