May - Department of Information Technology
At the May 7, 2012 City Council meeting, a number of Department of Information Technology (DoIT) staff, wearing \\doit...\\doneit t-shirts (with the tag line: WE DO WHAT WE DO SO YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU DO), had the opportunity to discuss various ways in which the department makes a difference.
As an internal service department, the department proudly supports, either directly or indirectly, virtually almost every single service provided by the City. Via the quality and cost-effective technology infrastructure, systems, and services provided by the department, the other eleven City departments are enabled to better serve our citizens and businesses.
Celebrating the people behind the technology at the City, DoIT’s 14.2 FTE support 11 distinct business units (the departments) that are located in 28 facilities with a total of 1,000 workstations, 200 peripherals, approximately 58 servers in a virtualized environment, 30+ software applications, 850 telephone handsets and 950 voicemail boxes.
Some of the comments from our customers include:
- My experience with IT has always been positive.
- Overall, I have had fabulous assistance from multiple people in the department. Thank you for all your hard work and your precious time.
- DoIT is amazing! We could no operate our program so effectively without them. They are great to work with and make sure all tech needs are met in a timely manner.
- I find that staff is willing to brainstorm with me and provide good information based on my un-techie understandings of things. I very much appreciate this.
- The HelpDesk team is extremely responsive and helpful. For the most part the help us immediately.
- The intranet continues to be beyond excellent for finding a variety of things.
- The GIS Team really came through for us in making requested edits and doing it in time for us to meet a deadline to have the maps available for an upcoming Parks and Recreation event….I really appreciate all of you for your time and talents to make this work.