- Plan checks are performed to ensure that projects are designed in compliance with applicable codes and standards. Once you submit a permit application and plans to the Building Division, copies of your plans are routed to technical review staff in several different departments.
- Depending on the scope of your project, your plans may need to be reviewed by staff in Planning, Fire Prevention, Park & Recreation, Police, or Public Works, in addition to Building Staff.
- The best way to expedite your project approval is to prepare complete and detailed plans that include all necessary information. We have a submittal checklist that you can review prior to coming in.
- Plan checks are completed on a first-come, first-served basis. We complete approximately 1500 plan checks per year, or about 125 per month. We appreciate your patience in allowing us the time necessary to complete reviews.
- You should allow at least 20 working days for the City to complete the plan check of your project. Once we have completed our review of your plans, we will notify you of the status of your project application. If your project is approved, you will be notified that your permit is ready for issuance. If your project plans require corrections, you will be provided with a detailed written list of necessary corrections that will need to be reflected on your plans.
- Once your plans are revised, you will need to resubmit them to the Development Review Counter. We then reroute your plans to technical review staff.
Monday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Plan Check Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9:30 am - 11:30 am