Art Gallery Space
Now Showing at the Library
About the Exhibit Space
City Arts of San Mateo
15th Annual Art Recogniton Program
1st Floor Art Gallery, 2nd floor, 3rd Floor
April 1, 2015 - April 20, 2015
About the Display
Ceramic Sculptures & Mixed Media
by Patty Owyang
Second Floor Display Case
March 25, 2015 - April 30, 2015
About the Artist
There are 3 exhibit spaces available at the San Mateo Main Library:
- Main gallery - 1st floor meeting room hallway
- Exhibit Case - 2nd floor
- 3rd floor - Cafe walls & Teen Lounge
How often does the library select artwork?
- The library convenes a Library Art Selection Committee annually that includes representatives from the community, local artists and library staff.
- The annual review begins with a Call for Artists usually in September, the selection committee meets in October and the selected local artist is notified in November.
What kind of art is selected?
- The Committee seeks art that represents the diversity of our community and varied artistic styles and mediums.
- Potential exhibitors must have a minimum of fifteen (15) pieces available to hang for the duration of an approximately 45 day exhibit period.
- Art pieces may be available for sale, but that is not a requirement for exhibiting.
3-D Art Exhibition Application and Guidelines
Gallery Space Plan