Art Gallery Space
Now Showing at the Library
About the Exhibit Space
by Jane Henri
1st Floor Art Gallery
January 27, 2014 - February 28, 2014
About the Artist
Black History Month Quilt Display
The African American Library Advisory Committee
2nd Floor Display Case
February 3, 2014 - March 20, 2014
About the Artists
There are 3 exhibit spaces available at the San Mateo Main Library:
- Main gallery - 1st floor meeting room hallway
- Exhibit Case - 2nd floor
- 3rd floor - Cafe walls & Teen Lounge
How often does the library select artwork?
- The library convenes a Library Art Selection Committee annually that includes representatives from the community, local artists and library staff.
- The annual review begins with a Call for Artists usually in September, the selection committee meets in October and the selected local artist is notified in November.
What kind of art is selected?
- The Committee seeks art that represents the diversity of our community and varied artistic styles and mediums.
- Potential exhibitors must have a minimum of fifteen (15) pieces available to hang for the duration of an approximately 45 day exhibit period.
- Art pieces may be available for sale, but that is not a requirement for exhibiting.
2-D Art Guidelines and Exhibitor Request Form
Gallery Space Plan