Go To Search


Sign Up for Email Updates!
Email Updates
Sign up to have all the important information sent direct to your Inbox! 
Sign Up Today!
Contact the City
Contact the City
From the City Clerk to the Waste Water Treatment Plant - all the
phone numbers you're looking for!
Wastewater Discharge Permits

When is a Wastewater Discharge Permit required?
Businesses and activities that require a discharge permit include any industrial facility requiring regulation under federal law, and facilities the City believes warrant periodic inspection and monitoring to prevent discharge of problem pollutants into the sewer system.

Examples of such facilities include:

  • product manufacturing
  • commercial food preparation
  • photographic image processing
  • groundwater remediation

Permits typically consist of sampling and monitoring requirements, and/or compliance with best management practices (BMPs).

How do I obtain a Wastewater Discharge Permit?
Contact the Environmental Programs Section at (650) 522-7300.

San Mateo City Hall – 330 West 20th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94403

CivicPlus Content Management System © 1997- CivicPlus. All rights reserved.
All content © 2006- San Mateo, CA and its representatives. All rights reserved.