Go To Search


Sign Up for Email Updates!
Email Updates
Sign up to have all the important information sent direct to your Inbox! 
Sign Up Today!
Contact the City
Contact the City
From the City Clerk to the Waste Water Treatment Plant - all the
phone numbers you're looking for!
Encroachment Permit

When is an Encroachment Permit required?
Any work performed in the public right of way requires an encroachment permit. For example: installation or repair of sidewalk, curb and/or gutter, or driveway approach; installation of sidewalk underdrain; installation of sewer lateral or cleanout; placement of monitoring wells or soil borings; and installation, repair or removal of a dock on the Marina Lagoon.

How do I obtain an Encroachment Permit?
The property owner or the contractor performing the work must:

  • complete and submit an Enchroachment Permit Application
  • provide certificates of public liability and property damage insurance with the City named as an additional insured
  • pay an encroachment permit fee and security deposit

For information: call (650) 522-7300

San Mateo City Hall – 330 West 20th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94403

CivicPlus Content Management System © 1997- CivicPlus. All rights reserved.
All content © 2006- San Mateo, CA and its representatives. All rights reserved.