Explorer Post 904
The San Mateo Fire Department Explorer Post 904 is made up of dedicated men and women who are interested in pursuing a career in the fire service.
Explorers meet bi-monthly and take part in classroom and hands-on fire-suppression training. Explorers also take part in community relation and fire prevention activities. Explorers are allowed to participate in the Department's ride-a-long program which allows the Explorer to experience what it is like to work a 24 hour shift in one of the City's firehouses.
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 20 years of age
- Must be able to pass a background investigation
- Must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average in all classes and be in good standings with their school
- Must be able to read, write & comprehend directions and training materials in English
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Must attend regularly scheduled meetings
How to Apply
New Explorers recruits are typically brought into the program once a year during the month of January.
If you are interested in joining our program or have any questions about the program, please contact Fire Captain Lance Lutticken by emailing the following information.
- Your First and Last Name
- Your Age
- Name of Your School
- Your Phone number