PA16-049 405 E. 4th Avenue
REVISED:July 26, 2017
405 E. 4th Avenue & 330 South Claremont Streets.
Windy Hill Property Ventures
530 Emerson Street, Ste 150
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Richard Patenaude, AICP
(650) 522-7158 ext 6
- Environmental Impact Report – An Environmental Impact Report (EIR) is required due to the proposed demolition of two buildings which are eligible for the California Register of Historical Resources under Criteria 1 – Association with Significant Events, and Criterion 3 – Design/Construction. The City has now prepared a Draft EIR, which identifies and discusses potential environmental impacts of the project and proposes mitigation measures to be incorporated in the project to address potentially significant impacts. The Draft EIR was available for review between April 4 and May 19, 2017. A Final EIR, responding to comments received on the Draft EIR, is available for review at the Planning Division, City Hall (330 W. 20th Avenue), and at the City’s main library (55 W. 3rd Avenue). The EIR is also available on the City’s website (below).
- City Council - A public hearing before the City Council will be noticed at a later date.
- The formal planning application was filed on May 26, 2016, and the project plans are currently being reviewed by City departments.
- Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
- Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) and Attachments
- Current Plans July 13, 2017
- Planning Commission - A public hearing was held onTuesday, July 25, 2017, in the City Council Chambers, 330 W. 20th Avenue, San Mateo, at 7:30 p.m. The purpose of this hearing is to make a recommendation to the City Council regrading approval of the application. An additional Condition of Approval will be introduced at this meeting.
- Planning Commission Study Session April 13, 2017. The purpose of this meeting was primarily to take testimony on the Draft Environmental Impact Report. The Planning Commission also discussed other elements of the project, especially architectural design.
- Public Scoping Meeting - November 15, 2016
- The scoping meeting explained the environmental review process, indicated the topics being studied for the EIR, and received comments concerning the proposed scope of the environmental impact analysis. Public input on scope and content of the EIR are welcome until the end of the 30 Day Notice of Preparation Period, ending November 28, 2016.
- Planning Commission Study Session – May 24, 2016
- Site Plan and Architectural Review (SPAR) – to construct an approximately 65, 625-square-foot, four-story office and residential building with two levels of below grade parking providing 83 parking stalls located at the northern corner of 4th Avenue and Claremont Street. The proposal includes three floors of office space of approximately 55,291 square-feet, and 15 residential units (6 studio units and 9 one-bedroom units) on the fourth floor.
- Vesting Tentative Parcel Map – to merge two parcels
- Historic Building Demolition Permit – to demolish two existing buildings eligible for the California Register of Historical Resources under Criterion 1 – Association with Significant Events and Criterion 3 –Design/Construction.