Fire Station Tours
How Do I Request a Tour?
Pre-arranged station tours are scheduled through the Bureau of Fire Protection and Life Safety. All requests must be in writing.
Please complete the Fire Station Tour Application and mail to the address listed and/or fax to (650) 522-7941.
It is our preference to have 30 to 45 days notice to be able to comply with your requests.
What are the Guidelines?
Guidelines for fire station and minimum criteria you are required to meet prior to scheduling a tour are listed below:
- Groups shall consist of no more than 35 people, including necessary chaperones (1 adult for 3 children under the age of 10).
- Children shall be a minimum of 5 years old due to safety concerns.
- Groups will have a desired learning goal for the tour and are to express this goal when scheduling a tour.
- Participants must be residents of City of San Mateo or belong to an organization within the community.
- The Fire Station is a work place. Time has been scheduled for your visit; however, the Engine may be called to respond to an emergency. Tours are usually 30 – 45 minutes.
- There are no facilities available for you to serve food.
- Tours are for educational purposes only.
- We are unable to accommodate any requests for birthday parties or other non-educational events.
Thank you for your interest in the fire service and the San Mateo Fire Department.